12/6/10

Pumpkin Turkey Chili

The following recipe was copied straight off of Primal Mama Cooks Blog. As soon as the recipe came through on my google reader I KNEW I was going to love it. And I did. More than anything else I've made in my Paleo journey thus far. It's really simple and super delicious!

3lbs. Ground turkey (or grassfed ground beef)
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced (I like red, yellow or orange)
1 14oz can of canned pumpkin (make sure it's just pumpkin)
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 jar chipotle salsa
1 box of Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup*
1 tsp cumin

What you do:
Cook the ground turkey, diced onion and pepper in a large pot until the meat is crumbly and no longer pink. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer for one hour.
*I couldn't find any tomato soup w/o sugar (at Albertsons) so I made my own. I roasted sliced 8 tomatoes, drizzled olive oil and salt on them, then baked them for 15 min @ 350 for 15 minutes. Then I put them in the blender with 32 oz of chicken broth and blended on low.

1 comment:

Cori said...

Made this for New Years Day. YUM! I only did 1 pound of meat, and added a can of beans. I also added some fresh rosemary but pumpkin flavor over powered it so not worth it.